Sunday, May 4, 2008

Garden Education Center

Hello Gardeners,

Last Friday, in my capacity an assistant for R&R Floral Events of Greenwich, (which I do when floral events/bookings get very heavy at the floral shop) I did a workshop with our designer Raphael at the Garden Education Center of Greenwich. I'd be at the education center every day if it was closer...beautiful place for strolling and volunteering to help in the greenhouse.

I am sharing the schedule for upcoming workshops/programs with you. The director, Adrianne is a lovely lady...information (phone # etc is at the end of the announcements)

I know it is kinda last minute (this Saturday) but that 47th Annual May Gardeners' Market has some very unusual, beautiful plant offerings for sale...Raphael and I were marveling at the unique geraniums....a bit pricey though.

Also interesting is the free May 15 program on primroses and wildflowers...imagine 75 years ago the primroses were planted....no I cannot go with anyone as Andrew's college graduation is that day/evening.


I hope some of you call a friend or another garden club member and take advantage of some of these programs. I will have literature available for you to look at on the Garden Center at the Mother's Day plant sale.

Joyce Mueller-Banner
Verplanck Garden Club
Community and Educational Liaison
Herb Garden Co-Chair

No comments: